Our July 2010 news report from the Justice in Mexico Project is now out and can be accessed by clicking here. Here are a few highlights:
- 2010 ejecuciones up 89% over same period last year with visible cartel-related violence
- President Calderón replaces Interior Minister Fernando Gómez Mont
- Local elections take place in 12 states with violence in days before
- Corruption examined in Mexican education system
- Federal Police decline to make the number of civilians killed in operations public
Also, as always, remember that our monthly reports, as well as our latest drug violence maps, are available on our project website (www.justiceinmexico.org). You can also view regular updates on rule of law and security issues in Mexico on our blog and RSS feed (http://justiceinmexico.wordpress.com). Also, our database of crime indicators can be accessed on the TBI website (www.sandiego.edu/tbidata). Recent results from our joint project with the Mexico Institute can be found at (http://bit.ly/projectpage).
Thank you for your continued interest and support.
Dr. David A. Shirk